- Set up an account with Twitterfeed
- Find out your Digg bookmarks RSS feed. Go to your digg history page (as an example, here's my digg history and look for the RSS icon on the page. It looks like a dot with 3 lines:
- Copy the RSS link by right clicking (or control clicking, my dear Mac friends) on the link by the rss icon. Note that the link should end with "history.rss."
- Go back to Twitterfeed, and click the link to "Create New Feed." Fill out the easy form, and you're set.
Some further advice: don't irritate your twitter friends by blasting out 5 updates at a time via twitterfeed: that's the default option but I don't like it. Their interface shows: Post up to new updates each time by default, I change that to 1 for my feeds. If you want to be chattier on twitter, then change the update frequency to more frequent intervals.
Yes, this works for any service which is rss-able. You can set up Flickr updates to twitter or even Facebook updates to twitter.
I'll be looking for you on twitter. Find me there at twitter.com/ejly. Prior twitter tools posts:
- Update twitter with flickr photostream
- Update twitter with facebook status via twitterfeed
- Twitter grader
- Tweetstat's Twitter Cloud
- Twitter Counter
- Mr. Tweet
- Twitter widget